This is not final, but a sneak preview of one possible way the forthcoming (July 2011) “resource guide” to Christian thought on hell might look.
Thanks for visiting my historical playground!This blog contains nearly 700 posts as of Nov. 2014 (also over 310,000 views and 1,140 comments since inception in June 2010). If you read something you like, odds are there are at least one or two other posts dealing with similar topics. Which is why there's a search box right below this message. :)
Find posts by search term(s)
What folks are reading most lately
- Words in the King James Version that now mean something else: Have you ever run across these and wondered what they meant?
- Mother Teresa's long dark night
- Martin Luther's Anfechtungen--his own dark nights of the soul, and how they affected his teaching and ministry
- The crusades: Step by step through a spectacular mess
- Spurgeon & the Prayer of Jabez: What a 19th-century "Puritan" would say about the modern gospel of health, wealth, and prosperity in ministry
- EVEN MORE words in the King James Version that now mean something else
Browse a category with this dropdown list
- African-American Christianity Anglicanism apologetics Aristotle asceticism Augustine Augustine of Hippo Authorized King James Version Benedict of Nursia Bible biography black church Boethius Catholic Church Charles Williams Christian history Christian History magazine Creation C S Lewis Dante Dante Alighieri Dorothy L Sayers Dorothy Sayers Early Christianity early church economics education embodiment emotion ethics Eucharist evangelicalism faith and reason Francis of Assisi G K Chesterton Gregory the Great healing history hospitals Incarnation John Wesley Jonathan Edwards J R R Tolkien literature Martin Luther medicine Medieval Methodism Middle Ages missions monasticism morality moral philosophy Moravianism new monasticism Pentecostalism philosophy Pietism poverty Protestantism Roman Catholicism Saints sanctification scholasticism science sin social justice Spirituality story Theology the poor Thomas Aquinas Tradition vocation work
- 327,656 hits